I love Madeleine cookies; I buy them all the time. Unfortunately, they are so good that disappear very quickly in our house of cookie monsters. I was happy to find out that it is actually super easy and fast to cook Madeleine cookies. You will need Madeleine pan, I bought mine from Chicago Metallic on Amazon. This pan has good reviews and it is really good nonstick pan. My only regret is that I bought 12 cup pan instead of 18 or more.
½ tea spoon of vanilla extract.
½ teaspoon lemon or orange zest (you can add more, it is all about how much citrus flavor you want in your Madeleine cookies.)
2/3 cup of sugar.
1 pinch of salt.
1 cup of all-purpose flower.
10 tablespoons of unsalted, melted butter.
1. Preheat oven on 350°F, spray your Madeleine cookies’ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Blend eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Add and then mix vanilla, lemon or orange peel, and salt.
3. Add flower and blend with all ingredients.
4. Add melted butter and mix until it blends.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each indentation in pan.
6. Bake about 10 min.